Sunday, July 19, 2009

He Almost Passed Out...

Sunday Jaecob and I headed out into what seemed like Booneyville out into the Jump off Joe Creek area for a baby shower for my friend Kristina who is having her third girl due in September. Just yesterday I cleared out all the old sunscreen, children's Tylenol and bug spray that I normally keep in the truck mind you. We arrive on time, and begin to enjoy the celebration. There were plenty of kids to play with, plenty of room outside and an enclosed trampoline.

After a salad and lasagna dinner followed by no bake cookies and excellent home made flan- I heard him scream. I think I knocked over one little one as I jumped from my seat. Every mom knows her child's cry and even worse..the scream. He wasn't even twenty feet away, there in the hallway he stood sobbing and screaming so hard that the tears looked like they stained his face on the way down. One of his fingers had been slammed in the playroom door accidentally.

This was by far the worst accident that he's had. His finger was bleeding, the nail was already purple and some of the skin had lifted off. There were blood blisters on the pad of his finger and just by looking at it, you could tell it was throbbing. I carried him over to the sink and rinsed his little finger off. We wrapped it in a cold press with some ice. He was still shaking.

I kept thinking how ironic it was that I had just taken the Tylenol out of the car- as this was the first ochie that a band aide or kiss couldn't heal... I think a burn would have only been worse. He was crying so hard that I actually thought he was going to pass out.

A few hours later and some chewable Tylenol in his system and he was back to normal telling me stories of how he wants to go catch Swordfish in the Ocean and asking me what the very last number in the world is.

The shower was great, although I think she'll be having this baby early. We came home to finish up the weekend and finalize our baby shower invitations. They'll be mailing out soon.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I'm glad he was okay in the end. What a scary thing.

    ReplyDelete